800 POLICEMEN UNLEASHED IN NIGER STATE TO QUELL CRIMES



The Niger Police Command says it has deployed 800 personnel to flush out kidnappers and armed robbers terrorising residents of Suleja, Tafa, Gurara and Lapai Local Government Areas.

Its spokesman,  Mr Bala Elkalla, said on Tuesday in Minna, that the forces were drawn from the Intelligence Unit, Police Mobile Force, Special Anti-robbery Squad and Anti-kidnapping Squad.


The statement said that the operational headquarters of the command had temporarily relocated to Lambata in Gurara Local Government, and vowed to rid the state of criminals and their activities.

The command advised the public to provide useful information that would help in tracking down criminals, saying that a reward system had been introduced to encourage people to do that.

“Anybody with useful information leading to the arrest of criminals and recovery of firearms will receive a cash reward,” he said.

Meanwhile, the command has arrested one Baba Mohammed, a resident of Sauka-Kahuta in Minna, who allegedly  posed as a younger brother to Ibrahim Idris, the Inspector General of Police, and duped his victim of N380,000.

The suspect was alleged to have duped one Abubakar Dogonyaro, a resident of Tunga low-cost, Minna of the amount, after promising to offer him a contract of N250 million.

“The money was meant to facilitate the approval of the contract,” the statement said.

The suspect would be charged to court after investigation, the command said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FROM ALTER BOY TO ISIS FIGHTER

REARRESTED RITUALIST CONFESSES,SAYS "I ESCAPED UNDER POWER OUTAGE BUT HUNGER LED TO MY REARREST"

MARRIED MUM'S SEX WITH LITTLE BOYS

HORROR ; ISIS MASS EXECUTED 116 PEOPLE IN SYRIAN CHRISTIAN TOWN BEFORE ARMY CLOSED IN

MURDER IN THE AIRFORCE - AIRMAN COURT-MARSHALED OVER DEATH OF AIRWOMAN LOVER

COLLEGE OF EDUCATION STAFF FOUND DEAD FEW HOURS AFTER HE WAS KIDNAPPED IN BENUE

EFCC UNCOVERS N13 BILLION CASH IN LOCAL AND FOREIGN CURRENCIES IN LAGOS APARTMENT

SCHEDULED FOR EXECUTION-CONVICTED KILLER LEDELL LEE

LADY STABS EX-BOYFRIEND TO DEATH AFTER HE PROPOSED TO ANOTHER

FILIPINO TERROR SUSPECT IS DEAD