CONSULTATIONS ONGOING ON WORLD'S LARGEST BLACK NATION'S UNITY

The Presidency on Tuesday said the consultations initiated by acting President Yemi Osinbajo will continue until sustainable peace is achieved.

Media aide to Osinbajo made this known in a statement.

Osinbajo met with opinion leaders, traditional rulers as well as political leaders from the North and South-East regions on the back of the exit notice issued by a coalition of northern youth groups to the Igbo resident in the North.

The meetings were aimed at dousing the tensions which followed the exit notice.

To be continued

"While this set of consultations was concluded last week, the presidency will continue to actively engage with different segments of the Nigerian population at different stages and formats in the near future.

"The meetings were convened to provide a platform for frank and open discussions between the concerned stakeholders and by extension the Nigerian public on issues relating to the unity, peace and security of the country," the statement said.

In the course of the interaction from June 13 to June 22, the acting President gave the assurance that the Muhammadu Buhari administration was not deaf to grievances in parts of the country and would address them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUSTICE SERVED,MARCEL WILLIAMS TO DIE 24TH APRIL,2017

FROM ALTER BOY TO ISIS FIGHTER

REARRESTED RITUALIST CONFESSES,SAYS "I ESCAPED UNDER POWER OUTAGE BUT HUNGER LED TO MY REARREST"

MARRIED MUM'S SEX WITH LITTLE BOYS

MAN LOSES WRIST IN BURUTU CULT CLASH

COLLEGE OF EDUCATION STAFF FOUND DEAD FEW HOURS AFTER HE WAS KIDNAPPED IN BENUE

EFCC UNCOVERS N13 BILLION CASH IN LOCAL AND FOREIGN CURRENCIES IN LAGOS APARTMENT

LADY STABS EX-BOYFRIEND TO DEATH AFTER HE PROPOSED TO ANOTHER

FILIPINO TERROR SUSPECT IS DEAD

N'GOLO KANTE VOTED PFA PLAYER OF THE SEASON