MAN STABS WIFE FOR ALLOWING ANOTHER MAN CUT HIS NAILS IN HER SHOP

A 45-year-old beer parlour operator, Kudirat Sodiq, on Friday told an Igando Customary Court in Lagos that her husband always bites her whenever they quarrel.

She said that Wahabi, her husband of 23 years, was also threatening her life.

'My husband left scars on my body as he always bites me whenever we fight.

'My husband will not leave me until he sees blood coming out from the wound, I have scars all over my body as proof of his abuse.'

The petitioner said that apart from the bites, her husband was also threatening her life.

'Wahabi is always threatening to kill me by suffocating me to death with a pillow.

'Because of his threat, I ran away from the house I built and relocated just to save my life.

'Last month, he came to my shop, saying that he will kill me, he smashed a beer bottle on the ground and wanted to stab me on my neck.

'I used my hand to dodge it and the bottle cut me on my right hand, blood was gushing out but for the quick intervention of neighbours who rushed me to the hospital, I could have died.'

The mother of four presented as exhibit recording of her husband's alleged threat, and the picture of her injured hand.

The woman also accused Wahabi of attempting to appropriate her house.

'My husband wanted to sell my house, he approached land grabbers asking for the original document of my house.

'The people called me to know if I was the one that sent my husband to come for the document.

'My husband drinks to stupor and smokes Indian hemp, after which he usually loses self-control.'

She begged the court to dissolve the union, saying she was no longer in love with her husband.

'I live every minute of my life in fear. Save me from the cruel hands of my husband, I have suffered so much in silence.'

Wahabi, on the other hand, said that his wife was adulterous and having extra marital affairs.

'I caught my wife inside her shop with a man cutting his nail, immediately I entered the man quickly stood up and left,' he said.

The 47-year-old transporter said that he has stopped smoking weeds and drinking alcoholic for some weeks.

The respondent said that he never threatened to kill his wife but that he stabbed her by mistake.

He made a fervent plea to the court not to dissolve the marriage, claiming that he was still in love with his wife.

The president of the court, Adegboyega Omilola adjourned the case till July 25, for judgment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EXECUTION;HUJI CHIEF,2 ASSOCIATES EXECUTED FOR 2004 SHRINE ATTACK

VEGAS SHOOTER PLANNED TO ESCAPE,MAY HAVE HAD AN ACCOMPLICE

AFRICA'S LIVING MUSIC LEGEND TUFACE'S YOUNGER BROTHER DENIED ENTRY TO USA DESPITE LIVING THERE

BODY OF 16 YEAR OLD GIRL FOUND IN CRASHED CAR AT ACCIDENT SCENE DIDN'T DIE THERE,IT WAS STAGED

KENYA -RAILA ODENGA CAUGHT ON VIDEO ASKING FEMALE SUPPORTERS TO STRIP

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTION

LADY AND BOYFRIEND SENTENCED FOR THE MURDER OF HER TWIN SISTER

KIDNEY DISEASE,PLEASE READ TO PREVENT AND HELP OTHERS

SIX DEAD,TENS INJURED IN DEADLY HIGHWAY CRASH

OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL