ILLEGAL FIREARMS IMPORTERS ENTER PLEA BARGAIN WITH THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

Container
Pump-action rifles intercepted by the Nigeria Customs Service.

Two out of the five men being prosecuted by the Federal Government for unlawful importation of 661 pump-action rifles into the country have indicated their intent to enter into plea bargain with the prosecution.

The defendants – Mahmud Hassan, Oscar Okafor, Donatus Achinulo, Matthew Okoye, said to be at large, and Salihu Danjuma – had been arraigned by the Attorney General of the Federation on 14 June before the Federal High Court in Lagos.

They had all pleaded not guilty to the eight charges pressed against them, while the trial judge, Justice Ayokunle Faji, refused their bail applications in view of the gravity of the charges levelled against them.

The matter was subsequently adjourned till September 25 for trial.

However, at the resumed proceedings on Monday, the second and third defendants, Oscar Okafor and Donatus Achinulo, respectively, who had changed their lawyers, indicated their intentions to change their plea from not guilty to guilty.

The application was made orally on behalf of Okafor by Rotimi Jacobs (SAN), while Paul Ananaba (SAN) is standing on behalf of Achinulo.

However, the judge directed the defendants to notify the AGF of their intention.

The matter was subsequently adjourned till September 26.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FROM ALTER BOY TO ISIS FIGHTER

REARRESTED RITUALIST CONFESSES,SAYS "I ESCAPED UNDER POWER OUTAGE BUT HUNGER LED TO MY REARREST"

MARRIED MUM'S SEX WITH LITTLE BOYS

HORROR ; ISIS MASS EXECUTED 116 PEOPLE IN SYRIAN CHRISTIAN TOWN BEFORE ARMY CLOSED IN

MURDER IN THE AIRFORCE - AIRMAN COURT-MARSHALED OVER DEATH OF AIRWOMAN LOVER

COLLEGE OF EDUCATION STAFF FOUND DEAD FEW HOURS AFTER HE WAS KIDNAPPED IN BENUE

EFCC UNCOVERS N13 BILLION CASH IN LOCAL AND FOREIGN CURRENCIES IN LAGOS APARTMENT

SCHEDULED FOR EXECUTION-CONVICTED KILLER LEDELL LEE

LADY STABS EX-BOYFRIEND TO DEATH AFTER HE PROPOSED TO ANOTHER

FILIPINO TERROR SUSPECT IS DEAD