MONKEY POX OUTBREAK,GOVT WARN AGAINST EATING BUSH MEAT

The Federal Ministry of Health has advised Nigerians to avoid eating monkeys, bushmeat and dead animals as doing so could open one to the risk of Monkey Pox disease.
A medical doctor and no fewer than 10 persons have reportedly been quarantined in Bayelsa as a result of the virus. The Minister of Health, Prof. Isaac Adewole, said this in a statement by the Director, Media and Public Relations in the ministry, Mrs. Boade Akinola, on Thursday.
Adewole said the disease neither had a cure nor a vaccine, noting, however, that there was no cause for alarm as it was mild.
The statement read in part, "He (Adewole) said the virus was mild and there was no known treatment and no preventive vaccines, hence the public should be at alert and avoid crowded places as much as possible.
He advised the public to avoid eating dead animals, bushmeat and particularly bush monkeys." The minister also revealed that test samples had been sent to the World Health Organisation (laboratory) in Senegal but the result was still being awaited.
He, however, called on Nigerians, who had symptoms of fever, back pain and rashes resembling chicken pox, to report to the hospital. The statement added, "The symptoms include headache, fever, back pains and in advanced cases, rashes bigger than those caused by chicken pox." Via: Punchng

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FROM ALTER BOY TO ISIS FIGHTER

REARRESTED RITUALIST CONFESSES,SAYS "I ESCAPED UNDER POWER OUTAGE BUT HUNGER LED TO MY REARREST"

MARRIED MUM'S SEX WITH LITTLE BOYS

COLLEGE OF EDUCATION STAFF FOUND DEAD FEW HOURS AFTER HE WAS KIDNAPPED IN BENUE

EFCC UNCOVERS N13 BILLION CASH IN LOCAL AND FOREIGN CURRENCIES IN LAGOS APARTMENT

SCHEDULED FOR EXECUTION-CONVICTED KILLER LEDELL LEE

LADY STABS EX-BOYFRIEND TO DEATH AFTER HE PROPOSED TO ANOTHER

FILIPINO TERROR SUSPECT IS DEAD

N'GOLO KANTE VOTED PFA PLAYER OF THE SEASON

2nd WOMAN AND DAUGHTER OF FIRST SUSPECT ARRESTED IN TEEN'S MURDER,BODY FOUND