33 YEAR OLD FOOTBALL STAR SHOT DEAD

Amilcar Henriquez shot dead in his home. Photo: AP
Amilcar Henriquez shot dead in his Panama home.

Police in Panama say national team soccer player Amilcar Henriquez has been shot dead while leaving his home.

The press chief for Panama’s National Police says the killing happened Saturday in the country’s Colon province.

Authorities say a gunman shot the 33-year-old midfielder several times.

Another two people were wounded. The player died at a nearby hospital.

President Juan Carlos Varela has condemned the killing on his Twitter account. He is calling for authorities in Colon to find those responsible.

Henriquez was part of the Panama team that is trying to qualify for the 2018 World Cup in Russia.

He played in the last 20 minutes of Panama’s 1-1 tie with the United States last month and has appeared 75 times for his country.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FROM ALTER BOY TO ISIS FIGHTER

REARRESTED RITUALIST CONFESSES,SAYS "I ESCAPED UNDER POWER OUTAGE BUT HUNGER LED TO MY REARREST"

MARRIED MUM'S SEX WITH LITTLE BOYS

COLLEGE OF EDUCATION STAFF FOUND DEAD FEW HOURS AFTER HE WAS KIDNAPPED IN BENUE

EFCC UNCOVERS N13 BILLION CASH IN LOCAL AND FOREIGN CURRENCIES IN LAGOS APARTMENT

SCHEDULED FOR EXECUTION-CONVICTED KILLER LEDELL LEE

LADY STABS EX-BOYFRIEND TO DEATH AFTER HE PROPOSED TO ANOTHER

FILIPINO TERROR SUSPECT IS DEAD

N'GOLO KANTE VOTED PFA PLAYER OF THE SEASON

2nd WOMAN AND DAUGHTER OF FIRST SUSPECT ARRESTED IN TEEN'S MURDER,BODY FOUND