A story of sex and scam: Lagos sugar mummies’ ‘lucrative’ offers
A story of sex and scam: Lagos sugar mummies’ ‘lucrative’ offers Naza Okoli Weekend Lagos Along major streets, on pavements beside the roads, on pedestrian bridges, and on notices posted on buildings and walls around the metropolis, there is almost always a note asking you to call a particular number or visit a website should you need a “sugar mummy”. Even though initial information gathered by Saturday Tribune identified Ebute Metta and Gbagada as the major hubs for the business, residents in those areas who were contacted last week said they were not aware. “I have lived in this area (Ebute Metta) for more than twenty years now,” said Thomas Nwike who owns a fashion shop close to Alagomeji. “I know there are sugar mummies everywhere in Lagos; but I don’t think that this place is their headquarters or anything like that.” Covert affair It is not often possible to reach a sugar mummy directly, as many of them are represented by “agents.” It is t...
Comments
Post a Comment